Carelinks is a CCiL ministry that strives to enable the Church to act justly and to love mercy.
He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8
As disciples of Jesus Christ, we are called to love the poor and the needy (Deut 15: 11) and to be the salt and light of the earth (Matt 5: 13-16). The main role of Carelinks is to encourage brothers and sisters as a church family to act justly and to love mercy at the church-wide, congregational and personal levels.
- Loving our neighbours: to provide money and/or time to helping those that are poor, hungry and in need.
- Outreach: to be imitators of Jesus and shine for him — through caring for others we are able to share Christ’s love and good news.
- Advocating social justice: from a personal or at a community level, in order to campaign against issues of injustice in the world and shine for Christ.
These are accomplished by:
- training and education to raise awareness among the church family and to put forward our motto ‘Put Love in Action’.
- supporting the local and global chosen organisations financially through donation to the Carelinks Fund and encouraging church family to pray for and take part in their programmes.
- promoting collaboration and coordination in social concern programmes originated from individual congregations
This year is CEDAR’s 30th anniversary 6/2021
This year is CEDAR’s 30th anniversary. To us, it is not just a year of celebration; it is also a year of moving forward while remaining anchored on our core foundation our predecessors have laid down for us.
As our colleagues look back on the past 30 years of working with church partners to serve the poor. All have come to the unanimous decision that CEDAR’s work is not simply to alleviate the poor’s hunger or to give them warmth. Our work is to transform lives so that they live out the intrinsic worth and dignity given by our Lord.
”Beyond Feeding the Poor” is thus our slogan for CEDAR’s 30th anniversary. It accurately illustrates the core beliefs and principles of CEDAR. We are not satisfied with granting the poor with material needs or alleviating hunger and thirst; we care about the poor’s holistic development. This includes establishing the networks of the poor with their own communities, building on their connection with God and etc.
Concept of Logo
The 30th anniversary logo comprises of triangles that make up the shape “30”. These triangles represent the reconciliation between God, men and the earth. The colour of the “30” also changes from grey to yellow. This symbolises the transformation of life and the transition from darkness to light.