We are an inter-denominational church with members from different backgrounds and denominations.
We are a member of the Evangelical Alliance. We also have fraternal links with the Chinese Overseas Christian Mission (COCM), which was also founded by the late Pastor Stephen Y T Wang.
Our Vision, Mission and Core Values
Through our regular Sunday services, we want to connect our members with what God is doing in his Kingdom. Our regular Sunday services offer us a strategic opportunity to address and make sense of some of the key emphases and objectives of the whole church in the context of the local congregation. We want to help each congregation see their vision, mission and values in the context of that of the wider church body. What you will find in our new sermon series is that it provides a strategic starting point (not a solution) to address these key emphases.
Our Vision – What kind of church we want to be?
We exist to make disciples of Jesus to transform London and the world.
Our Mission – what we are supposed to be doing?
We want the church to become a place where discipleship is normal, where each disciple grows to become more like Jesus in loving God, loving believers and loving our neighbours. The desire for transformation goes beyond preaching, Bible study and church activities. Being made alive in Christ (Ephesians 2:4-5), we want to see people grow into the image of Christ “For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son…” (Romans 8:29). It was a driving passion in Paul’s life and often moved him deeply. “My dear children, for whom I am again in the pains of childbirth until Christ is formed in you…” (Galatians 4:19). At the heart of this desire is life change and we take confidence in the Holy Spirit to be our agent of change.
Our Core Values – why we do what we do?
Our Doctrinal Faith
Our Church accepts the historic Christian Faith as set forth in the Old and New Testaments and as summarised in the Apostles’ Creed.
- The divine inspiration and entire trust-worthiness of the Holy Scriptures as originally given and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct;
- The unity of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit in the Godhead;
- The sovereignty of God in creation, revelation and final judgement;
- The dignity of man created in the image of God and also the universal sinfulness and guilt of human nature since the Fall, rendering man subject to God’s wrath and condemnation;
- The redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin only through the sacrificial death (as our Representative and Substitute) of Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Son of God;
- The Resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead;
- The necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit in making the death of Christ effective to the individual sinner, granting him repentance towards God and faith in Jesus Christ;
- The indwelling and work of the Holy Spirit in the believer and His sovereign action in bestowing spiritual gifts to God’s people for the upbuilding of His church;
- The One Holy Universal church which is the Body of Christ and to which all true believers belong; and,
- The expectation of the imminent personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Over 60 years, the church has grown from 13 members to more than 1,300 regular worshippers, including children, teenagers, adults and elderly. We have seven congregations in five locations in London. The languages used for our Sunday services and meetings include Mandarin, Cantonese and English.
The 7 Congregations are
- Mandarin Congregation, at Hammersmith
- Cantonese Congregation, at Hammersmith
- English Congregation, at Hammersmith
- Colindale Congregation, at Colindale
- Croydon Congregation, at Croydon
- New Soho Congregation, at Soho
- Hounslow Congregation, at Hounslow