Application Deadline: 30th September 2022
Interview will be arranged in early October 2022
We are looking for a church caretaker to join our staff team to work in our church centres, including WMC (Worship and Ministry Centre) and SOC (Soho Outreach Centre). This is a crucial role that is pivotal to the security, maintenance and smooth running of the church building/centre. The caretaker is expected to ensure the church building/centre remains secure overnight and help provide a safe environment for all users by carrying out regular checks, including testing of the fire & safety systems; and maintaining the church building/centre and grounds in a good state of repair through timely identification of issues and where appropriate taking remedial action.
This role would suit a person who can:
- carry out general day-to-day maintenance, minor fixes and repairs, install appliances and equipment;
- inspect and troubleshoot equipment and systems, including control panels, heating/security/fire alarm systems;
- maintain the church premises, including outdoor and garden areas in safe, clean and tidy condition and arrange furniture and seating for church activities; and
- provide collaborative support for external workers during church building works, renovation and repair projects;
- work proactively and independently, as well as friendly, adaptable, confident and with a flexible approach to get the job done.
This post will be on full-time and the successful candidate will join a team of caretakers on a shift rotation basis to cover the church centres.
There is a requirement for the post-holder to be a committed Christian who will be expected to participate in staff devotion and pray together with the staff team to achieve the church’s mission.
Enquiry of application, please contact Laura Yu at email@example.com