28th February 2020
From the Church Board
4th Important Announcement about outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19)
A) As of 10:00 hours, 28th Feb, the Government advises:
Call NHS 111, stay indoors and avoid contact with other people immediately if you’ve travelled to the UK from:
- Hubei province in China in the last 14 days, even if you do not have symptoms
- Iran, lockdown areas in northern Italy(in Lombardy and in Veneto) or special care zones in South Korea (in Daegu and in Cheongdo) since 19 February, even if you do not have symptoms
- other parts of mainland China or South Korea, Hong Kong, Japan, Macau, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan or Thailand in the last 14 days and have a cough, high temperature or shortness of breath (even if your symptoms are mild)
- other parts of northern Italy (anywhere north of Pisa, Florence and Rimini), Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar or Vietnam since 19 February and have a cough, high temperature or shortness of breath (even if your symptoms are mild)
Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.
The above government advice may change as situation develops/changes globally, for latest information and advice, please click https://www.gov.uk/guidance/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-information-for-the-public
B) In addition to the above, the Church Board recommends:
1. If you have travelled or returned to the UK from China, Republic of Korea, Italy, Iran, Thailand, Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, Macau, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar, please self-isolate for 14 days by staying at home even if you do not have symptoms. Please do not attend church services or activities for 14 days after your arrival. If there are any symptoms, even if minor, please call NHS 111 first and follow their instructions.
2. Those who have close contacts (e.g. living with someone who has recently been to affected areas listed above) should take extra precautions and avoid public places for 14 days unless necessary.
3. Please continue to follow Personal Hygiene:
- clean your hands by washing with soap & water frequently especially when you return from a public place and after using the toilets;
- carry tissues with you, cover your nose and mouth with tissues when sneezing or coughing. Then throw used tissues into waste bins;
- avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- avoid close contact with people with cold or flu-like symptoms
- avoid handshakes.
4. Church Activities.
- Sunday Services will continue. Should there be any changes following guidance from the government, we will inform you as soon as possible.
- Your local congregation councils will advise you about local ministries/activities.
- Please visit our church website, ccil.org.uk to Sign-in/Sign-up, click register and the Church Office will notify you once registration is completed. You will find latest information, news and sermons.
5. Any emails to the office will be diverted appropriately to your local councils or pastoral staff.
|What are the symptoms?||What is Self-isolation?|
|Cough||Stay at home|
|Fever||Separate yourself from other people|
|Shortness of breath||Avoid sharing household items|
|Do not have visitors in your home
Gov.uk advises what you should do if you’re asked to self-isolate (click to read).
“God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble” Psalm 46:1
This notice is for your information only, if you would like further information please go to the website https://www.gov.uk/government/news/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-and-avian-flu-advice-for-travel-to-china and seek medical advice if you are concerned.