14th February 2020
From the Church Board
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT MANAGING OUTBREAK OF CORONAVIRUS 3
The Government advises:
1. If you have travelled from Wuhan or Hubei Province to UK in the last 14 days you should immediately:
- Stay at home and avoid contact with other people
- Call NHS 111 to inform them of your recent travel to Wuhan or Hubei
- To follow this advice even if you don’t have symptoms
2. If you have returned to the UK in the last 14 days from other parts of China, Thailand, Japan, Republic of Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia and Macau and if you have symptoms, please self-isolate yourself, call NHS 111.
In addition to the above, the Church Board recommends:
1. If you have travelled or returned to the UK from China, Thailand, Japan, Republic of Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia and Macau, please self-isolate for 14 days, if possible, by staying at home even if you do not have symptoms. Please do not attend church services or activities for 14 days after your arrival. If there are any symptoms, even if minor, please call NHS 111 first and follow their instructions.
2. Those who have close contacts (e.g. living with someone who has recently been to affected areas listed above) should take extra precautions and avoid public places for 14 days unless necessary.
3. Please follow Personal Hygiene circulated previously; wash hands with soap & water frequently and carry tissues with you, use tissues when coughing and throw used tissues into waste bins.
- Sunday Services will continue. Should there be any changes following guidance from the government, we will inform you as soon as possible.
- Your local congregation councils will advise you about local ministries/activities.
5. Any emails to the office will be diverted appropriately to your local councils or pastoral staff.
|What are the symptoms?||What is Self-isolation?|
|Cough||Stay at home|
|Fever||Separate yourself from other people|
|Shortness of breath||Avoid sharing household items|
|Do not have visitors in your home|
“God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble” Psalm 46:1
This notice is for your information only, if you would like further information please go to the website https://www.gov.uk/government/news/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-and-avian-flu-advice-for-travel-to-china and seek medical advice if you are concerned.