Managing Outbreak of Coronavirus 2

7th February 2020

From the Church Board


The Government advises:

1. If you or family have travelled from Wuhan or Hubei Province to UK in the last 14 days you should immediately:

  • Stay at home and avoid contact with other people
  • Call NHS 111 to inform them of your recent travel to Wuhan or Hubei.
  • To follow this advice even if you don’t have symptoms

2. Their advice has extended to include other parts of China, Thailand, Japan, Republic of Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia and Macau. If you have symptoms, to self-isolate yourself and call NHS 111

In addition to the above, the Church Board recommends:

1. If you or your family have been to China, Thailand, Japan, Republic of Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia and Macau, please self-isolate by staying at home even if you do not have symptoms. If there is any symptoms, even if minor, please call NHS 111.

2. Those who have close contacts (e.g. living with someone who has recently been to affected areas listed above) to take extra precautions to avoid public places unless essential.

3. Please follow Personal Hygiene circulated previously; wash hands with soap & water frequently and carry tissues with you, use tissues when coughing and throw used tissues into waste bins.

4. Church Activities.

  • Sunday Services will continue. Should there be any changes following guidance from the government, we will inform you as soon as possible.
  • Your local congregation councils will advise you about local ministries/activities.

5. Any emails to the office will be diverted appropriately to your local councils or pastoral staff.


What is self-isolation?

  • Stay at home
  • Separate yourself from other people
  • Avoid sharing household items
  • Do not have visitors in your home
  • Personal hygiene as advised


“God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble” Psalm 46:1

This notice is for your information only, if you would like further information please go to the website and seek medical advice if you are concerned.