This page outlines the process, and provides links to the forms needed, for the appointment of a new Youth Leader in The Next Generation Ministry at CCiL.
Before an adult member of CCiL is appointed to volunteer as a Youth Leader in any of our Youth Groups, s/he will be invited to observe over a number of weeks, accompanied by the Youth Group Team Leader.
If s/he decides to apply to be appointed as a Youth Leader, the following process must be followed, under the responsibility of the TNG Pastoral Team.
Part 1: Application
Step 1. Read the info pack, consisting of the following documents: (click to open in a new tab)
Step 2. Complete the Application Form and return this to the TNG Pastoral Team via the Youth Group Team Leader.
Step 3. If the application is satisfactory, you may be invited for an interview to allow the ministry leaders to get to know you, and for you to ask any questions about the role.
Part 2: Vetting & Disclosure Check
Step 1. Complete the Self Declaration Form and return this whilst retaining page 3 for your own reference.
Step 2. Submit an online application for an enhanced disclosure check with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) by following the instructions on our DBS Applicant Info Sheet. This is processed by ThirtyOne:Eight – formerly Churches Child Protection and Advisory Service (CCPAS).
Step 3. Verify your identity in order for the check to be processed, by showing the lead recruiter (as named on the Self Declaration Form in step 1) original copies of three documents according to the ID Documents Guide.
Step 4. Your check will be processed and the results will be shared with the lead recruiter. Your DBS certificate will be sent directly to your home address: retain this for your records and note that you may be asked to produce this document in the future.
Part 3: Safeguarding Training
Complete the online CCiL Safeguarding Basic Training course by following these steps:
- Join the course by logging in to Google Classroom, clicking the ‘+’ icon, and entering the class code given by your Team Leader.
- Click the ‘Classwork’ tab at the top of the page.
- To complete a section, open the Fact Sheet (PDF) and read through it. Some sections have a short video to watch first.
- Go back to the ‘Classwork’ tab and click on that section’s ‘Comprehension Question’. Your answers to the questions will be recorded and reviewed, and this is how your progress/completion of the training will be tracked.
- After submitting your answer to each question, go back to the ‘Classwork’ tab and move onto the next section until all sections, 1-8, are complete.
Please email email@example.com with any queries.