This page outlines and provides the forms needed for the process of appointing a new team member of The Next Generation Ministry workforce.
Before an adult member of CCiL is appointed to volunteer in any of our Kids Church or Youth Ministry groups, s/he will be invited to observe over a number of weeks by the relevant ministry group’s Team Leader.
If they then invite the candidate to apply to be appointed in a serving role, i.e. Kids Church Helper, Teacher, or Youth Leader, the following process must be followed.
Part 1: Application
Step 1. Read The TNG Ministry Overview Document (click to open in a new tab)
Step 2. Complete the Application Form and return this to the TNG Pastoral Team via the Team Leader.
Step 3. If the application is satisfactory, you may be invited for an interview to allow the ministry leaders to get to know you, and for you to ask any questions about the role.
Part 2: Vetting & Disclosure Check
Step 1. Complete the Self Declaration Form and return this whilst retaining page 3 for your own reference.
Step 2. Submit an online application for an enhanced disclosure check with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) by following the instructions on our DBS Applicant Info Sheet. This is processed by ThirtyOne:Eight – formerly the Churches Child Protection and Advisory Service (CCPAS).
Step 3. Verify your identity in order for the check to be processed, by showing the lead recruiter (as named on the Self Declaration Form in step 1) original copies of three documents according to the ID Documents Guide.
Step 4. Your check will be processed and the results will be shared with the lead recruiter. Your DBS certificate will be sent directly to your home address: retain this for your records and note that you may be asked to produce this document in the future.
Part 3: Safeguarding Training
Complete the online CCiL Safeguarding Basic Training course by following these steps:
- Join the course by logging in to Google Classroom, clicking the ‘+’ icon, and entering the class code given by your Team Leader.
- Click the ‘Classwork’ tab at the top of the page.
- To complete a section, open the Fact Sheet (PDF) and read through it. Some sections have a short video to watch first.
- Go back to the ‘Classwork’ tab and click on that section’s ‘Comprehension Question’. Your answers to the questions will be recorded and reviewed, and this is how your progress/completion of the training will be tracked.
- After submitting your answer to each question, go back to the ‘Classwork’ tab and move onto the next section until all sections, 1-8, are complete.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries.
Part 4: Appointment confirmation
When the above steps have been followed and the appointment has been confirmed, please submit the TNG Workforce Registration Form. The photo provided will be used to issue your ID badge, which confirms your appointment as a member of the TNG Ministry Workforce.