Venue: Soho Outreach Centre
Monday and Wednesday, 11am – 1pm
Term Start Dates in 2017:
All Monday Classes: 9th January
All Wednesday Classes: 11th January
1 John 4:7-12
Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. This is how God showed his love among us: he sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.
English Class Ministry Volunteers Needed:
Weekly Teaching Assistants and/or English Teachers to provide holiday cover.
Ling Chung (English Class Ministry Coordinator) and Keri Lim (London City Mission seconded staff)
Mondays: 10.45am – 1.30pm and/or Wednesdays: 10.45am – 1.30pm
- The desire to show God’s grace and love through teaching English and building up intentional friendships with the students.
- Ability to plan and teach English classes lasting 1 hour and 45 minutes, which include a gospel component, such as a bible story. The classes last 2 hours, 11.00 am – 1pm, including the break.
- Mandarin-speaking ability preferable though not necessary.
Ways to serve the Lord
- Praying and planning with the English Class Ministry Team before and after the classes.
- Welcoming and building intentional friendships with the English class students at the Soho Outreach Centre. This involves helping them with learning English, chatting with the students during the break or over lunch, sensitively introducing the gospel to them and gently encouraging them to attend church and the mid-week bible study.
- Volunteer teachers would provide holiday cover. They would need to be able to plan and teach English classes lasting 1 hour and 45 minutes, which include a gospel component – such as a bible story.
- Regular prayer during personal devotional time: for the students, that they are able to learn English well, and discover more about God’s love, and for yourself as you serve the Lord in this area.
- Encouraging your small group and other church friends to pray for the students, and to support you in prayer in this ministry.
For more info, please contact Ling Chung (email@example.com) or Keri Lim (Keri.firstname.lastname@example.org)