Venue: Soho Outreach Centre, 166a Shaftesbury Avenue, WC2H 8JB
Days: Monday and Wednesday
Time: 11 am – 1 pm
Term Dates in 2019-2020:
|Autumn 1st Term||02/09/2019 – 16/10/2019|
|Half Term Break||21/10/2019 & 23/10/2019|
|Autumn 2nd Term||28/10/2019 – 11/12/2019|
|Spring 1st Term||06/01/2020 – 12/02/2020|
|Half Term Break||17/02/2020 & 19/02/2020|
|Spring 2nd Term||24/02/2020 – 01/04/2020|
|Summer 1st Term||27/04/2020 – 20/05/2020|
|Half Term Break||25/05/2020 & 27/05/2020|
|Summer 2nd Term||01/06/2020 & 15/07/2020|
The fruit of the rigtheous is a tree of life; and he that wins souls is wise.
English Class Ministry Volunteers Needed: Weekly Teaching Assistants and/or English Teachers to provide holiday cover.
Thomas Tsang (English Class Ministry Coordinator)
Mondays: 10.45am – 1.30pm and/or Wednesdays: 10.45am – 1.30pm
- The desire to show God’s grace and love through teaching English and building up intentional friendships with the students.
- Ability to plan and teach English classes lasting 1 hour and 45 minutes, which include a gospel component, such as a bible story. The classes last 2 hours, 11am – 1pm, including the break.
- Mandarin-speaking ability preferable though not necessary.
Ways to serve the Lord:
- Praying and planning with the English Class Ministry Team before and after the classes.
- Welcoming and building intentional friendships with the English class students at the Soho Outreach Centre. This involves helping them with learning English, chatting with the students during the break or over lunch, sensitively introducing the gospel to them and gently encouraging them to attend church and the Sunday bible study.
- Volunteer teachers would provide holiday cover. They would need to be able to plan and teach English classes lasting 1 hour and 45 minutes, which include a gospel component – such as a bible story.
- Regular prayer during personal devotional time: for the students, that they are able to learn English well, and discover more about God’s love, and for yourself as you serve the Lord in this area.
- Encouraging your small group and other church friends to pray for the students, and to support you in prayer in this ministry.
For more info email us (firstname.lastname@example.org)