Bonny moved from Hong Kong to London in 2009, and got to know the Lord Jesus through coming to CCiL. Very early on in her faith journey, she was convinced that every believer was called to be a missionary, and she started going to a couple of STMs organized by CCiL. As the Lord continued to guide her, she got equipped in arts psychotherapy and theology in the past 2 years. She served in Phnom Penh, Cambodia for 6 months in 2014 with a ministry (“Daughters of Cambodia”) reaching out to victims of sex human-trafficking. She recently got married to Calvin Cheung, and they both worship in New Soho Congregation.
Praise & Prayer
- PRAISE – Before I went to Cambodia, the Lord had used His word to confirm the calling and encourage me for numerous times. He promised to give me “treasures hidden in the darkness”. Throughout this experience I did find many such precious jewels – I got to care for the children of His Kingdom, and I received grace upon grace given in times of need, in places where spiritual darkness and evil seem to prevail. I learnt that though darkness hates the Light, it could never extinguish the Light.
- PRAISE – The Lord also promised me “riches stored in secret places”. He showed me the sweetness and necessity of having intimate fellowship with Him, through worshipping Him and aligning my heart, mind, soul and body with Him in the secret place of prayer, without which I could not live even one day, do one thing, for His glory.
- PRAISE & PRAYER – Thank God for guiding me and Calvin and uniting us in marriage after being apart for 9 months! The Lord has been faithful and gracious beyond our imaginations. We have been thinking whether to do a short visit to Cambodia in 2015, to explore our future steps in mission. Please pray that we are open to whatever the Lord says, and trust Him in all decisions.
- PRAYER – Pray for all the workers in “Daughters of Cambodia”, that they will stand firm, and fight the good fight of the faith, not against human flesh but against the spiritual principalities. Pray that the lordship of Jesus Christ would reign in every aspect of the ministry and that we will continue to see broken lives restored and brought into the Kingdom of light.
- PRAYER – I am now on a temporary visa, and I need to get the spouse visa in order to stay in the UK. However, the pre-requisite is that my husband must be employed, which he isn’t at the moment. Please pray that as we wait for this provision of a job for Calvin, we will remain faithful, always giving thanks to the Father!
Follow this http://www.rabbitboatcheese.wordpress.com/ to visit Bonny’s blog for more …..