Betty comes from Hong Kong and was in the CCiL Hammersmith Cantonese congregation. After working in Finance in London for a couple of years, God led her to serve in Ecuador, via Latin Link. This is her second year in Quito, teaching Values classes with Union Biblica Ecuador (Scripture Union) in public primary and secondary schools. Apart from this, she also serves in a Chinese church to care for the Chinese immigrants.
We pray in faith
- Please pray for God’s guidance for Scripture Union Ecuador. We are in need of more volunteers and more resources to make our programme sustainable.
- Priase God for bringing me safely back to Quito. Pray for more fruitful relationships with students and that the Spirit will help them know more about Jesus.
- Please pray for my church life in Quito. It has been difficult to develop a deep friendship with the church group which already is very close within themselves. But thank God I have a very spiritual mentor to keep me accountable.
- One primary school we taught in last year was close down, so pray that the Lord continues to protect the children who were in that school, especially those who experience violence at home. Most of them have moved to another school, but we are not able to teach there.
- Praise the Lord that a teacher from this old primary school invited to teach in her new school. Pray for many fruitful relationships．
- Pray that the Lord helps us in the organisation with the secondary school we were teaching in. There has been a change in staff, and they still have not confirmed when we can start teaching.
- Pray for the children and teenagers of Ecuador, that despite the popular culture of adultery, dishonesty and violence, they can be still come to know the gospel and see the true value of life.
- Personally, please pray that the Lord will help me grow in my church life in Ecuador. It has been very difficult to integrate.
Newsletters, Chica China en Quito
My Daily Journey
1st Lesson of Year