Stephen & Denise Wang
We are the Wangs from the UK, living in Chengdu, Sichuan Province, China. Stephen and Denise met in London, at that time Stephen was completing his medical training as a GP and Denise was working as a primary school teacher. In 1998 the Lord called us to go to China and follow Him into His work there. Now we are a family of six, with Benjamin (15), Josiah (13), Kezia (9), and Lydia (7) and are onto our fourth assignment here in China.
Since March 2011 we have been seconded from JHF (Jian Hua Foundation) to LDi (Leadership Development International). LDi is a large company working mainly in the educational field with vibrant and growing international schools in six different Chinese cities, with a recently added school in the Middle East. Our role in the Chengdu school team has been mainly the practical and pastoral care of 50+ LDi expat personnel, along with care of the 50+ national staff employed by the International School. At the same time, we have pursued opportunities to reach out into the more needy communities of Sichuan through short term teams and projects. We are hoping the work focusing on poor and minorities will increase again in the coming year(s).
Praise & Prayer items:
- Praise God for completion of the International School relocation last year. This was a mammoth task of moving not only the school but also all the staff housing across the city to a brand new location.
- Praise God for the 20 new staff who have joined the Chengdu team over the summer – PTL that the paperwork went really smoothly and all of them are doing well with their transition to a new country, a new team and workplace as well as the Chinese language and culture.
- Praise God that after a tough few years the staff team and school are in a good place for future growth and expansion.
- Pray for our children to grow in faith and in their walks with the Lord. Benjamin and Josiah are attending the International school (CDIS) and doing really well there. This year Kezia is homeschooling with Denise, and Lydia is attending a tiny Chinese Christian school half days and half day homeschooling.
- Pray for Stephen as he looks at a change of work in Chengdu in order to focus more on working with needy people in Sichuan. This will mean us leaving LDi – pray for faith to trust the Lord’s next step for us, and the courage to walk in it.
- Pray for timely provision of a new work visa from the end of December 2014, and also the extra finances needed to support our family.
- Pray for wise decisions about the children’s schooling for next year and for financial provision.