31st January 2020
From the Church Board
Important Announcement about managing outbreak of Coronavirus
1. For anyone who has travelled to Wuhan, Hubei province, China within 14 days of their return, Public Health England* is advising that they
- Self-isolate themselves at home for 14 days, AND
- Contact the 111 service or their GP informing them of their recent travel
- If they develop any of the following symptoms (fever or respiratory symptoms including coughing, sneezing, chest tightness, shortness of breath or sore throat) or acutely unwell they should call 999 instead, again informing them of their recent travel.
* Reply from Public Health England dated 27th January 2020 in response to CCiL’s email.
2. In addition to the advice from UK Government, the Church recommends travellers (or those in close contact with people) visiting or returning from China, especially Hubei, to self-isolate themselves at home for 14 days.
3. Personal Hygiene
- Wash your hands with soap & water when you return from a public place and after using the toilet.
- Cover your mouth with tissues when you sneeze or cough. Then discard used tissues in waste bins.
- Avoid close contact with people (e.g. handshakes) with cold or flu-like symptoms.
4. Our activities
The congregation council will decide what local ministries/activities they see fit to continue or temporarily suspended. The Church is in constant touch with government agencies. We shall give advice and take appropriate actions during this time. Please pray that this situation will be contained.
This notice is for your information only, if you would like further information please go to the website https://www.gov.uk/government/news/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-and-avian-flu-advice-for-travel-to-china and seek medical advice if you are concerned.