13 March 2020
From the Church Board
6th Important Announcement about outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19)
A. As of 9 am on 13 March 2020, the Government advises:
There are 798 confirmed cases of Covid-19 in the UK.
The World Health Organisation (WHO) has announced that the spread of Covid-19 is now characterised as pandemic. The prediction is that the UK would follow the patterns of virus spread in other countries and have many more cases in the coming weeks.
Yesterday, Prime Minister Boris Johnson said we have moved from “contain” to “delay” phase in the fight against the spread of coronavirus. “Delay” phase includes some social distancing tactics. He said anyone with coronavirus symptoms must now stay at home for seven (7) days. He also said school trips abroad should be stopped, while people over 70 years old with serious medical conditions should not go on cruises.
What to do if you have symptoms
- Stay at home for 7 days if you have either:
- a high temperature
- a new continuous cough
This will help to protect others in your community while you are infectious.
- Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.
- You do not need to contact NHS 111 to tell them you’re staying at home.
- We will not be testing people who are self-isolating with mild symptoms.
The above government advice may change as situation develops/changes globally, for latest information and advice, please click https://www.gov.uk/guidance/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-information-for-the-public
B. In addition to the above, our Church Board is sharing with you the following:
The Church Board is preparing to support the “Delay” phase of the UK government’s effort to fight the spread of Covid-19. Once the government announces that gatherings such as church services should no longer take place, or when we think it is appropriate to do so to protect the safety of brothers and sisters, we can implement our emergency plan immediately to minimise close contact.
Our Church is open for Sunday services at its usual times for now.
In addition, our plan is as follows:
- All Sunday services will be streamed live via CCiL website (http://www.ccil.org.uk) at our usual worship times on Sundays. Over the next 3 months, the Board has authorised for live streaming on our website to be available to you and the public without signing in to MyCCiL.
- Past sermons on our archives will only be available to MyCCiL members. CCiL members and regular CCiL worshippers are encouraged to register for MyCCiL account at ccil.org.uk if you have not done so. If you need help, please approach any staff or leaders or a brother or sister.
- All other fellowship gatherings and committee meetings are recommended to take place online. Please get prepared and check with your leaders and pastoral staff the most suitable app or software to use.
- Please check often on CCiL website for the latest church news and notices from the Church Board or your local congregations.
- Your pastoral staff and leaders will try to maintain contact with and care for you during this time of minimising close contact. Please inform them the best way to stay in contact with you. Our Church email email@example.com will continue to be manned by our Admin staff. Any email to the office will be diverted appropriately to your local councils or pastoral staff.
- During this testing time and in this season of Lent, let us turn our attention to God, reflecting on His goodness and repenting on our weakness, relying on His protection and resting on His prevailing peace, showing our care and sharing our love to one another.
C. Please continue to follow Personal Hygiene:
- clean your hands by washing with soap & water frequently especially when you return from a public place and after using the toilets;
- carry tissues with you, cover your nose and mouth with tissues when sneezing or coughing. Then throw used tissues into waste bins;
- avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- avoid close contact with people with cold or flu-like symptoms
- avoid handshakes.
I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” Psalm 91:2
This notice is for your information only, if you would like further information please go to the website https://www.gov.uk/guidance/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-information-for-the-public and seek medical advice if you are concerned.